Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Last nights dream

Last night I dreamed I was in an apartment in San Francisco in a very tall building. It had dark old glossy hard wood floors typical of cool flats here. The walls were white and high to the ceiling framed with the molding again typical of the city. It had thee very tall windows that faced north ward towards the bay. I would say, if I had to pick a location in the city, the building was located on market street. I could see other buildings between me and the bay, though none blocked my view except a few financial district buildings because my apartment was so high up. The windows were made of the old time glass pane that is slightly uneven and very slightly distorts the scene outside in little spots. I was talking to a girl and we were doing mindless stuff around the apartment. Washing a dish, reading a magazine. Trash and Billie were there. It was about 4:00 o'clock in the afternoon. The sky was clear. While I was walking around the apartment talking to the girl and fiddling with stuff I looked out the window and thought the water in the bay was very blue, like the color blue in Asian sea paintings. I didn't think about and kept on talking to the girl. A bit later I looked out the window again and It seemed maybe the water was higher, like I could see more blue despite the buildings in front of me. I again don't think much about it. I remember looking at the girl then, she was sitting on a large dark burgundy leather foot rest on top a throw blanket reading her magazine and talking to me lazily flipping the pages as if she hasn't once looked up this entire time. She had flats on like she had not too long ago walked in and sat down. There was a large candle lit on the table next to her. She was completely content and absorbed with whatever she was talking about to me. I then looked back out one of the windows and the water was def higher. In fact it was lapping at the very bottom of the windows. I was shocked. I told the girl and she looked at the window, her mood totally changing. There were waves crashing over the buildings between us and the bay. The sea was very choppy and made perfect triangle point waves like in cartoons. The see looked like an old Asian painting of choppy seas. BIG waves with cartoon white caps grew closer swallowing the surrounding buildings and getting bigger and closer every minute. Water started to pile up against our windows like it does when putting water in a fish tank. You can watch the water level line slosh higher and higher slowly. Suddenly there was a massive wave that completely engulfed our building turning the windows completely blue. It crashed shaking the building but the windows held. The lights cut out and now the sky was grey and stormy. The wave receded and then another wave smashed into our building. Again the windows held but this time water leaked through cracks in the lower portion of the windows because they were stain glass on the bottom half. The sky grew darker and stormier. Finally a third wave rose up. I grabbed the girl and the dogs ran after us as we all four dove behind the kitchen island. The wave hit and all three windows caved in. Water rushed into the apartment picking up the furniture and books and everything washing it around the apartment. I held onto the girl and two dogs standing up to get everyone on the island counter. As I did I saw masts and sails of three old trade ships or ships pirates use rolling our way over the choppy sea. The clouds broke as they approached and the sea became calmer. The sun shone. The water receded enough for the building in front of my apartment to expose its rough top. A ship sailed up an docked letting a crowd of Vikings on to the exposed building. Everything else around my building was under water. The Vikings, standing starring at us roared at us an began to climb into my apartment. I yelled at the dogs and grabbed the girl running to the front door. We all four ran out and down the stairs. The water was quickly receding as we ran down the stairs. It was right and hot outside. We ran towards across of people acctoss the street walking down some cement stairs going under an over pass. They were all carrying camping gear and waiting in a cramped line to get down the steps to the field and creek below. I ran past them and hopped down the hill not needing their stairs and not willing to wait in line. I ran across the field of grass. Grass like wheat straw that's been pushed down. It was springy and smelled like green grass and moisture when I ran on it. I ran over to a gigantic tree on the edge of the field by the river. It was taller than wide. It was Shaped like an old eucalyptus but with leaves and bark like an ash tree. I ran over to the burly roots and fell down on the ground catching my breath and starring out at the river watching the water rush by, hard and fast but safely in its river bed. Other things happened but that began another dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment